Some months ago I started a reading group at my workplace focussed on distributed systems. The goal of the group was to be an informal meeting to discuss a mixture of high impact, historical, and modern papers.
This is the list of papers we read:
- Lamport Time Clocks
- Spanner: Google’s Globally-Distributed Database
- The Chubby Lock Service for Loosely-Coupled
- A note on distributed computing
- The Byzantine Generals Problem
- Your computer is already a distributed system. Why isn't your OS?
- How Complex Systems Fail
- Fast and Message-Efficient Global Snapshot Algorithms for Large-Scale Distributed Systems
- Automatic Management of Partitioned, Replicated Search Services